Nitric Oxide, a key molecule manufactured by the body, causes vasodilation (an expansion of the internal diameter of blood vessels), which in turn leads to increased blood flow, oxygen transport, delivery of nutrients to skeletal muscle and a reduction in blood pressure. An amino acid compound called arginine alpha-ketoglutarate (A-AKG) and arginine-ketoisocaproate (A-KIC) can boost short term Nitric Oxide levels. Increased strength and markedly improved stamina can also be expected. In fact, the results may be classified into three categories:
1) the promotion of an extended pump
2) signalling muscle growth and speeding recovery
3) increasing strength and stamina.
NO2 contains A-AKG and A-KIC, natural myodilators that may help boost nitric oxide levels in your body, thereby increasing blood flow, oxygen transport, and delivery of nutrients to skeletal muscle.
- NO2 contains A-AKG and A-KIC which may help your muscles experience an extended pump.
- NO2 contains A-AKG and A-KIC which may help your body signal muscle growth and speed recovery.
- NO2 contains A-AKG and A-KIC which may help improve your strength and stamina.
- NO2 utilizes the A-DS Advanced Delivery System which enhances absorption of the active compounds to insure uptake and help sustain powerful effects around the clock.
Who needs it and what are some symptoms of deficiency?
Everyone needs nitric oxide to carry out key physiological processes within the body. From a bodybuilder’s perspective, nitric oxide supplementation may prove useful in increasing growth due to increases in blood flow to certain areas of the body. Further, men suffering from erectile dysfunction may also find supplementing with nitric oxide helpful.
Signs of deficiency include the inability to achieve and sustain erections, physical weakness and extreme fatigue. Most “nitric oxide” supplements contain the amino acid Arginine-alpha-keto-glutarate.
What are the side effects?
With any amino acid containing product, overdose is a possibility. Dosing with too much arginine can lead to diarrhoea, weakness and nausea. Clear dosing guidelines have not been established, so it is best to do what is known as “tolerance mapping”. Take a small dosage for one week, note the benefits and the side effects, and increase the dosage until the benefits are maximised and the side effects minimised. Over time the two will converge and you will hit the optimal dose.
1. Improves strength and stamina
2. Increased muscle growth and recovery
3. Increases muscle pump
Stay Healthy & Strong,
Steven Wong – CPT, Pn1
N.B. If you find this article useful, it would be awesome if you would share it with your friends! Click on any of the social media icons below to share. Thanks a mil!