The pandemic has resulted in many people with chronic conditions struggling to manage their symptoms. Fortunately, there are many natural ways to alleviate pain and live a healthier life. Here are 10 resources for a safer, pain relieving massage in the pandemic.
Take Proactive Measures Pre-Massage
While massage can be an excellent addition to your treatment regimen, consider other ways to help ease pain while you wait for your appointment.
- Understand the connection between your brain activity and bodily pain.
- Begin a gentle stretching regimen to help loosen muscles before your massage.
- Protect your skin from the sun to prevent sunburn or irritation pre-massage.
Make the Most of Your Experience
There are certain things that can enhance your massage experience and enjoyment. Consider these resources for the safest and most relaxing massage possible.
- Practice breathing exercises to calm yourself down if you’re feeling stressed.
- Take steps to relax and relieve stress at home before your appointment.
- Learn about the massage options available and choose the right one for your needs.
Observe Safety Steps the Day Of
In general, receiving a massage is relatively safe, but there are precautions you should take during the pandemic.
- Check whether your local massage therapists are reopening and under what guidelines.
- Consider scheduling a session outside to cut down on your risk of illness.
- Inquire as to what reopening steps your massage therapist is following.
- Ensure your therapist is following appropriate masking protocol.
Feeling comfortable, relaxed, and confident are musts when receiving a massage. By following these tips, you can feel better and get the therapy you need. At the same time, you can also reduce your risk of contracting an illness.
Article written by Sheila at wellsheila.net
Photo via Unsplash